Thursday, August 9, 2007

Those planes...







Friday, August 3rd
Are you kidding me with these planes?! That coupled with the fact that I was on-call made this a frustrating shoot in Winthrop.
During the preliminary scouting, the overhead planes landing in Logan airport (just about 500 yards away) seemed to come in once every 5 or 6 minutes...but now here we were on a Friday night. We had about 35 seconds of quiet to shoot a take, then we would wait for the plane to fly overhead (about 100 feet above us), land, then wait for the still-audible air-brakes to stop. I guess that's why they call it an International airport.

Ultimately, it was still pretty fun...and we got to work with the super-talented Daniel as the "Zombi". His stagger was something to behold. Everyone was incredibly patient, and we got some fantastic shots. Chuck was back in the camera-driver's seat, and he brought some battery-powered lights that worked out perfectly. no regrets...it's a great spot visually and I got my "Great Pumpkin" shot on top of Deer Island. We didn't even have to fight our way out of there. I guess I still believe the children are our future...even the publicly intoxicated ones...

More later...
Mike

No comments: