Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1st draft complete





1st rough draft is complete. Amazingly, 45 minutes long...as expected. Efficient, yes...
...but is it any good...

Lots of peaks and valleys in mood as I edited it. Technical problems tended to get me down, but a great shot here and there was enough to (generally) keep me going. Performances from the leads are spot on throughout, so we have that going for us.

One or two scenes may or may not require a re-shoot day. There's only so much I'm willing to cover-up with editing trickery before it starts to distract, I think. Lots of choices to be made...perhaps thousands of little ones...

Overall, though, I am encouraged by the pacing, tone, and performances. This next stage just means we analyze the hell out of it, score it, and go at it with a toothbrush.

More later,
Mike

No comments: